I’m looking for a few good artists who want to make a difference.
Did you know that 2000 children a day will die from Malaria? That’s 2,000 children dying from something as simple as a mosquito bite.
The saddest part of this statistic is that many of these deaths could be easily prevented by something as simple as sleeping under a treated bed net that costs six dollars.
I’m looking for artists to join me in a Spiritual Graffiti project to benefit World Vision’s act:s to END MALARIA
I call the project M.A.D. which stands for Mosquitos are death. It’s really simple. I need at least 20 artists or arts groups all over the world to get a pack of 100 3×5 cards and create 100 cards like the ones you’ve been watching me make in this video. Design them however you want just be sure to include some sort of mosquito on them. Make them as cool and attention getting as you can. We need at least 2,000 cards representing all the children lost in a single day but we will gladly take more. We want to reach as many people as possible. Once you’ve finished your drawings, there are a few things you need to do.
1. scan or photograph a few of your cards and send them, along with your name and location to me, Dave Weiss, at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can include you in upcoming videos.
2. place the label you can find linked to the amokarts blog on the back of each card http://amokarts.wordpress.com these labels will provide a link to a web page containing all the information to give.
3. then post these cards all over your community.
The first step is to sign up and let me know you’re working on your cards. Simply comment on the amokarts blog or send me an email at email@example.com to let me know you’re participating. In this way I will be able to let you know when the first video is posted, the web page is live and it’s time to start posting your cards. The web page will also contain a link to a zazzle t shirt store where the profits will go to act:s to END MALARIA, as well as some give aways and, of course, links to World Vision’s act:s to END MALARIA page.
Remember the idea behind this project is to do good. We are giving people original hand made art in the hopes that they will see it and be inspired to give to put an end to this dreaded and easily prevented disease. So sign up, get to work, get your friends together and start drawing those mosquitos. I’ll be letting you know shortly when to begin posting your work.
By the way I got this idea from watching Scott Erickson’s Art as Activism videos from the act:s to END MALARIA web site if this project doesn’t work for you, go to the site and see if you can find something there that fits. At the very least go to the site and make a donation as little as six dollars could save a life.
As with all Spiritual Graffiti projects a few rules apply.
1. Never use your work to deface anyone else’s property.
2. Only post your work at places where it is acceptable, such as community bulletin boards or places where you have permission
3. Keep it clean and G rated
4. Always make your work as cool and eyecatching as possible. Do it as if you were doing it for Jesus and make it easily removeable.
Remember the purpose is to make it as easy as possible for people to take with them. Spiritual Graffiti is supposed to be a gift.
5. NEVER, EVER, EVER put your pieces in people’s mailboxes unless you mail them. This is a criminal offense.
6. Always use permanent marker or other permanent media for your pieces so they will not run and do damage if they get wet. The purpose of Spiritual Graffiti is first and foremost to be a blessing and glorify God.